Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hans Dobbertin died of cancer on the 2nd of February. I did not know him well - I had switched universities in order to write my thesis under his supervision, but shortly after I had arrived at the new university he fell ill. The few times that we talked it was a lot of fun though, and I respected him greatly. There are only a limited number of professors I met in my life that really understood and seemed to appreciate what I am doing, and it did not take much to explain it to Prof Dobbertin (which might have to do with his work prior to becoming a university professor). My condolescences to his family and those that were close to him.

Aside from the personal sadness I feel it is a setback for my Diplomarbeit. But well, that is nothing in the big picture really.

No comments: