Sunday, November 15, 2009

Clarification to the previous post

Hey all,

I thought I need to clarify something about the previous post: I was trying to explain the fact that people reacted harshly to the hint that a new standard is being drafted, without knowing anything about it. So I talked about the historical perspective on the old OIS draft, and what my thoughts about it were, and what I think the reasons are that researchers usually do not bother with these things much.

This was not meant as a reaction to the ISO standard under discussion. Katie Moussouris clarifies a lot of important points here -- and what she writes is completely sensible.

Anyhow, enough of this :-). The upside of the entire discussion: I really like the pun in the above link. Yes, I know that I have a weird sense of humor.

No comments: